So it seems we are traveling well with our little embies. We got a call from the scientist yesterday, sorry for the late report, yesterday was madness all round.
Anyways, let’s get on to what you really want to hear about. We had 6 fertilise and on day 3 none of them had ceased development.
At 8:20am on day 3 we had 1 which has 8 cells, 3 which have 6 cells, 1 with 5 cells and 1 with 4 cells.
So there are 4 at the stage they would want on day three which is 6+ cells. In saying that I am not giving up on the others either because not all of the eggs would have fertilised at the same point in time over the 24 hours they were exposed.
So it looks like we are all set for a 5 day transfer tomorrow.
I am feeling very excited and grateful at this point.
May 10th, 2016 at 10:13 am
Whoop whoop! Great progress! Good luck for the transfer. I found it THE most emotional part of the process so be prepared for the possibility of that. You are doing great X
May 10th, 2016 at 10:32 am
Thank you. I was so very pleased with the numbers.
Ooh dear, yes I have thought about that. I already cried during egg collection. I guess there are a few less hormones surging through my body now, perhaps that will help?
May 10th, 2016 at 10:49 am
This sounds pretty darn awesome to me! Wishing you the absolute best for the transfer and of course for the next 9ish months! Grow little ones grow! 🙂
May 10th, 2016 at 11:56 am
Thank you. I was expecting a 50% drop off rate (I don’t know where I got that number from, probably something I read some time lol) so I am completely stoked with that.
Thank you!! 🙂
May 10th, 2016 at 11:52 am
Fabulous news! Fingers crossed that everyone keeps dividing well and you get some good transfers and frosties! How many will you transfer? I’m sure you’ve said but I remember nothing lately lol
May 10th, 2016 at 11:58 am
Our clinic only likes to transfer one embryo. We decided to go with them for the first one because we honestly can’t figure out why we haven’t been getting pregnant when I am ovulating and all my levels for everything are good despite the PCOS and IR so we are concerned that perhaps something isn’t allowing them to attach in my uterus and didn’t want to transfer two and find out that was the case. So we are going with the one and if that doesn’t work we will get them to figure out what happened then maybe push for two next time.
May 10th, 2016 at 3:11 pm
Amazing!! Congrats and good luck with the next step 🙂 xo
May 10th, 2016 at 3:23 pm
Thanks Rosie! xx
May 10th, 2016 at 10:13 pm
best of luck for your transfer! 🙂
May 11th, 2016 at 12:59 am
Awesome! Fingers crossed for you 😊