I have been experimenting with frittatas trying to make one using oat milk for kiddo who is lactose intolerant. Frittatas are great for baby led weaning and getting protein (eggs) and a variety of veggies into bubs. I made these in a muffin tin as it was easy to portion out that way. You can also freeze these.
I will say that I think because of the oat milk it seemed to take longer to cook that when I normally cook frittata.
This recipe made 11, but I feel I overfilled the cases so would probably make 12.
1 small carrot
1 small zuchhini
pumpkin (I like butternut, but whatever you like)
1 cup of oat milk (can use normal milk if not lactose intolerant)
- Cube your pumpkin, place on a roasting tray, drizzle with olive oil and roast at 160C (fan forced) for around 40 mins (turn half way). I would let it cool a little before using it. You will need 1 cup (I used the leftovers to mix with other veggies for meals).
- Grate carrot and zucchini.
- Heat around a tbsp of oil and cook zucchini, carrot and pumpkin for around 2 mins.
- Beat eggs and milk.
- Add vegetables to the milk mixture and pour the mixture into your muffin tin.
- Bake at 160C for around 20-25 mins.
- When I use normal milk this is more like 15 mins.
- If lactose is not an issue for you, you could also sprinkle some cheese on top before you bake.
- As an adult these taste good, but I had to add salt and pepper haha.
- I leave the skin on my zucchini, that is up to you 🙂
March 10th, 2021 at 1:06 am
[…] Baby Frittatas — Ditch the Bun […]