This is SUPER easy to make and it is quite possible you could make it without purchasing anything. I made this with stuff that was already in my pantry. Great for baby led weaning and they freeze well. Kiddo LOVES these! Honestly I kind of do too.
Makes around 16 decent sized pikelets.
1/2 cup wholemeal flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 mashed overripe banana
1/2 cup oat milk
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Add dry ingredients to beaten egg and combine.
- Add oat milk, cinnamon and vanilla and combine.
- Add mashed banana and mix well.
- Heat a fry pan on medium heat, add a small amount of butter, or spray to prevent sticking then add spoonfuls of batter. When bubbles start to appear flip to cook the other side.
- If you want a runnier consistency you can add more milk.
- If you are not lactose intolerant then you can use normal milk rather than oat milk.
- I served these strait up to kiddo. I also put them with strawberries and am planning to use them to introduce her to peanut butter.
- These freeze well so in future I will likely make double batches (not going to lie I have stolen a few as well haha).