Today I am feeling pretty good, it is definitely a good day 🙂
I have tried not to be too hopeful about weightloss on metformin and this low GI lifestyle that I am still rather imperfect at, mainly because it has been so heartbreakingly disappointing in the past. I have noticed that my clothes have been roomier lately so yesterday morning I decided to bite the bullet and jump on those scales…
They say the scales don’t lie and in this case I am really hoping that is true because according to the scales I have lost 3.8kgs since I began taking Metformin and eating low GI (for the most part)
So all yesterday I was like this (make sure you watch until she gets in the elevator :))
Then this morning at work I was wearing my favourite tunic that now fits the way I wish it had when I bought it and fitted jeans which thanks to the lack of bloating I think I am going to need to get a belt for and a lady at work stops me and says, “oh my gosh you have lost a lot of weight, you are looking great”. Pretty sure I need to buy her a present now 🙂
So here is todays theme song:
Well another year has passed me by, this morning I woke up “older”.
I find myself reflecting on what I have achieved since I turned 30 last year and at first I was disappointed because Husby and I were expecting me to be all knocked up with swollen ankles by now and that has not happened. I don’t know why I thought this was the year, I guess you just always fill yourself with hope as much as you try not to, but I must say I prefer hope to despair 🙂
So in order to keep myself positive today I am going to concentrate on achievements and things to be grateful for (also as you all know, I love lists). I have also been listening to my favourite happy song:
- T and I have managed to save enough money to build our own house, we are lucky enough that my parents have allowed us to live with them until the house is being built so we can uber save 🙂 Whilst building has been delayed 2.5 months at this stage which means we won’t be in before Christmas, but it does mean we have saved a lot more money which is great – hey this silver lining thing works a treat 🙂
- I have 2 perfect nephews and 2 perfect nieces who love spending time with their Aunty – even when she is not spoiling them 🙂 Ahh being the favourite Aunt is such a burden.
- I am working as a Librarian, my chosen vocation – there are a lot of us out there not so lucky.
- I got a new car this year, and not just new for me… brand spanking new! I have never done this before and T and I have worked hard to get to a place where we could afford to do this.
- T and my parents don’t mind me singing my ass off all over the house at random times. Apparently my outbursts have been likened to an episode of Glee, personally I think it is completely normal when my mother tells my nephew that “A is for Apple, B is for Banana” to break into singing “ABC” by the Jackson 5
Oh… right *sheepish grin* *sings quietly* shake it, shake it baby *shimmying shoulders*
All in all, new house, new car, new job, great family, great marriage… guess I am doing pretty well really 🙂